Monday 13 February 2012

Brütal comic

Penny Arcade

This comic rang particularly true for me, because I really thought Brütal Legend was rubbish. Basically, it was 15 minutes of a good game (the intro) and a heck of a lot of generic game with Jack Black once again trying to place himself among the legends of rock and roll by playing the 'gatekeeper to rock', something no other human being has ever been able to comprehend apparently.

My dislike of Jack Black aside, Brütal Legend was really a terrible game. Clunky, repetitive, and as shallow as a puddle. The humour wore exceedingly thin about a quarter of the way through, and the boss fights were kinda neat but poorly executed (actually, thinking of the boss fights in Brütal Legend is only giving me flashbacks of League of Legends...ugh).

I have no insights into anything in this post, so maybe we can call it a review. Yep, this is the first game review on Gamer Ant. If I can save at least one person from buying this game, then I've done some good in my life. Seriously - get the demo. The demo contains the only good bit in the entire game.

No comments:

Post a Comment